Monday, July 09, 2007

Talking to yourself

I just made the following image. I'm thinking of making myself a T-shirt with it. Feel free to use this any way you want, and modify it to look better if you want, as long as you give me credit for the idea. I got this idea a long time ago when I noticed that even if I wanted to be myself without worrying about looking weird, it was really hard to stop myself from lowering my voice when I was talking to myself in earshot of other people.
I'm also thinking of making T-shirts of the advertisement for gettingthetruthout.org and a poster that says 'remember our friends still trapped inside walls, locked behind doors, lying in halls: institutions are not solutions! I found it at www.thenthdegree.com.
I've applied to join fusion inclusion, a youth group run by the Saskatchewan Association for Community Living, and I'd like to wear the anti-institution shirt sometime at a meeting of theirs. Or one of the shirts from that website I'll beg my Dad to buy, such as the one saying 'mainstreaming is like visiting, inclusion is like home'. This shirt describes very well my experience with mainstreaming (in my case unintended mainstreaming - they didn't realize I was disabled).
By the way, my most common type of talking to myself is narrating my thoughts, though I sometimes play with sounds as well - singing to myself or reciting the dialogue of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy BBC radio play, which I used to have memorized but now only have partially memorized.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Morgan Fyfe-Williams said...

Ermagawds - I love h2g2 soooo much - the original bbc radio etc.

I even got to share a rĂ´le with my favourite actor, Alan SexySnape Rickman.

I was Marvin in an amusing school play mash-up of Star Trek, Grease & h2g2, he did it in that disappointing film.

*sending you love*

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home